Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

yop. exe is running real high memory and internet seems to lock up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cutbysk

Cutbysk

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

I am running HP, xp home media Center edition 2005 I have Internet explorer on my computer but have elected to start using Firefox. I have avast antivirus as virus protection, I also have superanitspyware, zone alarm for firewall, i also have xoftspyse. my system seems to be locking up alot when I am on internet. have to reload pages. and also have to start over alot. System seems to be using alot of memory, and every day it goes up, my yop.exe is running 200,000 which is alot and I don't know if that should be that high. Am i running to much stuff on my system or do I have to many of the same programs which are bumping. Or am i infected with something? I need help and would appreciate the help given to me. I have a 9 yr old daughter whom also gets on here and who knows what she gets into sometimes, when your not looking. I have ran my virus, superantispyware and have ran malware and non of them detect anything. my needed help is welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

I think you have too much of a good thing tripping over one another

I have avast antivirus as virus protection,

my yop.exe is running 200,000

yop.exe:
yop.exe is a process belonging to SBC Yahoo! Online Protection. It is a security suite that helps you make sure your system is completely protected.

As long as the malware are on-demand and not always running in the backround those should be OK
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users