Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan virus attack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stock3jacob

stock3jacob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

I contracted a trojan virus less than a week ago. Windows defender had it listed as remos.dz i believe.

I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit but just bought windows 7 home premium 64-bit. I am prepared to just format my drive and re-install Windows 7. Now here is the problem. I cannot boot from the windows 7 disk. I have made my dvd drive the first boot option, and the computer prompts me to press a button to boot from the cd when starting up. When i press buttons however, nothing happens and the computer continues on as normal.

when the computer starts up, the first message I have been recieving is

"error loading c:\windows\temp\msxml92z.dll access is denied"

Several of these times the computer has given me messages saying that there is an error and that the computer is going to restart in one-minute. My taskbar has automatically switched to the old style grey bar, and I cannot get into my task manager.

If I could somehow boot my windows 7 dvd, I could format my hard drive and hopefully solve this problem. Have any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stock3jacob

stock3jacob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

Alright, got it to boot up finally. Had to go into the bios and enable USB keyboard support. Kind of seems silly that it wasn't enabled in the first place, but oh well. Computer seemed VERY messed up and I am just happy to be getting it cleaned up!

:huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users