Welcome to the BC HijackThis Log and Analysis forum
. I will be assisting you in cleaning up your system.
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond the your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.
When you say your computer is acting funny can you elaborate on that some. What are the symptoms you are experiencing? Please provide the answer to that as well as the logs which the following will produce in your next reply.
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr
to run the tool.
We need to scan for Rootkits with GMER
- When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
- Save both reports to your desktop.
- Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zip Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Close any and all open programs, as this process may crash your computer.
- Double click or on your desktop.
- Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- You may see this window. If you do, click No.
- Click on and wait for the scan to finish.
- If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- Push and save the logfile to your desktop.
- Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.
Please do not post any logs as an attachment unless asked to do so.