Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Administrator Password keeps changing itself

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mowl

mowl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

I should be grateful if anyone might have an idea why, every few days, my Windows XP Administrator password keeps changing itself and effectively locking me out. This has happened three times in the last two weeks.

I am lucky in a way, as my son, who is away at the moment, also has admin rights on my PC and has no password, so I can login as him and re-instate my old password, which then works for a few days.

I have a hardware password on my router, and Zone Alarm Extreme Security, and run regular updates and anti virus scans.

I am happy to give any more information that might help.

Thnks in anticipation

mowl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zass

zass

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I had the same problem. I found that the Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite, Force Field ,Settings, Advanced, Anti-Spyware, Blocking programs that secretly record keystocks, and the Virulization features when turned on, changed all my passwords being entered into sign-on windows, and locked me out. I notified ZA and they are aware of the problem, but don't have a fix. Disabling these two functions has thus far solved this problem. If necessary disable Forcefield until a fix is available.

I have run all versions of ZA Security Suites up to version 80_400_20 without problems. Version 91_008_000 is where the problem started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users