Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bump case computer restarts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 metalhead15

metalhead15

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

I have the weirdest problem. If I bump the computer case my computer will restart. I opened it up and made sure all my connections were tight and they are. I noticed that if I tap the back of the motherboard tray it is even more susceptible to a reestart. Does this sound like a problem anyone has ever encountered before and if so what should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

Sounds like you have something loose in the power supply.
Posted Image

#3 metalhead15

metalhead15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

something loose in the power supply? How would I go about diagnosing and fixing that?

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

Check all connections from the power supply to the motherboard and hard drives/cd drives.

If there is still a problem it may be a fualty power source.

#5 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

If you've checked all the connections on the motherboard and the components then the only other place left is the power supply.

EDIT: By the way, check all the connections, from the wall outlet to the power button.

Please do not double post. USe the edit button instead. Thanks. ~g
Posted Image

#6 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

1. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :woot: sorry i just had to get that out of the way.

2. i agree with everyone, check all the power connections. then if that doesnt resolve it try the power supply in another computer (if possible). if you have the same results then you have a faulty power supply, and you need to replace it.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users