Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell conpatible ink cartridges

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

This is another question that my parents asked but unlike usual i didn't know the answer. The question is: Are there any other ink cartridges that can fit into a dell printer other then dell ink cartridges? for example is there any hp or any other company ink cartridges that fit into a dell printer?

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:56 PM

Hello Frankie12, you could try getting a refill kit if it's just empty check here:-
http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/dell.asp
My BJC 2100sp (a bit of a relic now i guess) ran dry and wouldn't work even when i refilled it, one of the local techs told my dad to run the base (ONLY the the base) under warm water and it is now working fine. Just dont get the PCB wet.
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

#3 frankie12

frankie12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:05 AM

thanks for the help lucent. If anybody else knows of another company please post.

#4 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

as a side note, some supermarket/grocery store chains stock refill kits. If you are in Australia check your local Woolworths. AU$19.95 for BC20 (cannon) Black refill kit, includes everything you need and 75ml of ink. Not sure of any other supermarket chains though.
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

#5 frankie12

frankie12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:54 PM

I would take your advice about woolworths but I live in the United States of America. I know that a lot of the stores in the US have refill kits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users