Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Range extender setup problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phalex

phalex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

I've just bought an Edimax access point/range extender. From what I can understand, I login to the access point, set it up as a universal extender and tell it the root SSID.
I then have to change the IP address to coincide with the router.

I can login to the access point without problem, make the changes and get a wireless signal but can't access the internet through the extender.

The IP address of my router is 192.168.0.1 and I have DHCP enabled between 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.200

I set the extender to have an IP address of 192.168.0.2 and have my computer to obtain an IP address automatically but nothing..

Would really appreiate any help as my hardware knowledge is pretty limited!
Many thanks
al.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

The IP address of my router is 192.168.0.1 and I have DHCP enabled between 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.200

I set the extender to have an IP address of 192.168.0.2 and have my computer to obtain an IP address automatically but nothing..

Do you see a problem with those statements? If you have limited the DHCP to between .100 and .200 then .2 is not between them. Get it working before you go messing with settings.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users