Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone topic??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

Sorry if I should not be posting this, but maybe someone can help me anyways

Does anyone know if in fact the iPhone will be available to Verizon customers???? Im hoping someone has hard facts as opposed to what I've read online via google

thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from Mac OS to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

The iPhone isn't coming to Verizon any time soon. Given Verizon's recent bashing of all things AT&T and iPhone, I'd say it's close to a "never gonna happen", but then again that's the way buisness is done with Cell companies in the US. Verizon is hoping it's new "iPhone Killer" the Droid (a Motarolla product) will run a Google Andriod 2 OS (so far it's only main feature until specs are released, after the phone is released this month) will live up to the hype. Something tells me a restrictive network structure will be it's downfall (and should have been the iPhones too). All that being said it is possible to buy an iPhone (though I don't see why everyone likes them so much) and put it on the verizon network. Via methods that are possibly illegal and do void the warranty of the phone.

Posted Image

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

the iPhone will be available sometime near july 2010, AT&T contract ends around there. ( i dont know exactly when)
you can do what is called"unlocking" your iPhone, but seeing as most all of those are unstable and cause service failure and you must completely restart your phone to restart the signal, u wont even know its gone, it will appear to say you still have signal.

also apple has lawsuits out for (10) different patents that may have been violated by 3 different companies providing similar phone operating systems and graphic interface. Google Andriod is one of them, sorry i do not have the link to the news topic i was reading that from. i only mention this because if u were thinking of getting one of those phones or products from the companies in question u may b in for a dissapointment if Apples Lawsuit goes through.

If your trying to jailbreak your iPhone and you have updated to the latest version which is 3.1.3, do not do so yet, for currently there are no working breaks yet, there are alot of scam sites giving u the hack for 3.1.2 and that will not work, and there making you pay for it, and then keep your money because they legally fulfilled there weak contract of providing you with a hack, but it wasnt specfic, and then they say they will hold onto your money and give you the 3.1.3 hack when its available but by then there long gone.

Just some F.Y.I, hope it helps :blink:
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

Just as an FYI I am opening this back up,

Apple just renewed their contract with AT&T for 5 more years so you can forget about the iPhone being on verizon for a while. :blink:

Also anyone wanting info on jailbreaking see this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316180/need-help-jailbreaking-my-ipod-touch/ :wacko:

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users