Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

erasing auto-fills

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chip1234

Chip1234

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

Hi, how do you erase auto-fill entries? For example, on bleepingcomputer, I always get the wrong user name suggested to me. On another site, my email address is wrong (I made a mistake the first time, now it keeps on showing up wrong...) How do I erase the incorrect ones, selectively for certain sites, and generally for all?
Tx, Manuel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

hi,,,, usually this stuff is saved in the browser that your using,,,, if its firefox then your in luck as its easier,,, open the browser,,, click on tools top left click options clicl security tab click saved passwords,, click show passwords and delete the ones you dont want,,,, in IE its a bit more of a job,,,, its known as auto complete and i know that you can clear it all but dont know if you can clear individual entries like in firefox,,,, as i dont know much about IE as i dont ever use it (its total crap) here is a link that might help you more :huh:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-...er/privacy.aspx
i mean,,,, why make something so simple as this so complicated,,, firefox,,, there it is,,, delete,,, done..
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users