Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything's new but..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ats58

ats58

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:05 PM

Hi. I just gutted my old computer...bought a new motherboard (foxconn 655ao1) a new processor (celeron D 315), new video card (nvideo mx4000), new hard drive (Sata 80g) and 512 memory....put it all together, turn it on, the lights go on the drives, the fan is going and the monitor light comes on green, then shuts off before I see anything on it..I have installation cds for all, but how can I use them if there's no screen? Or am I supposed to put the motherboard installation cd in the drive as I start up? Thanks. (Remember, I'm a computer dummy! My son put all this together...)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

First, make sure all components are snug in their sockets, ensure the ribbon cable to the drives are in the correct position pin one to pin one. make sure you have to correct power power connections to each component.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users