Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help updating drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bryan5255

bryan5255

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

I recently had my computer wiped because of some viruses. It obviously also wiped my installed drivers and now many of my drivers need to be updated because I'm getting consistent errors. I can't run my computer in anything but safe mode otherwise it freezes up after a while and many times I am even unable to get my computer to start up. I have already ran a driver check and was told the drivers that need to be updated, however without purchasing the product it won't actually update them. I've searched for hours and haven't found anything, but does anyone know how to get the following drivers up to date?

SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200SE ATLANTIS
SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200SE ATLANTIS - Secondary
VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter ( rev.B )
VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller
Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controller
VIA CPU to AGP2.0/AGP3.0 Controller
PCI standard host CPU bridge
VIA Standard Host Bridge
VIA Standard PCI to ISA Bridge

Edited by bryan5255, 01 November 2009 - 09:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

you probably need to install the motherboard drivers
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#3 bryan5255

bryan5255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

you probably need to install the motherboard drivers

How do I do that though? I did already install all my drivers from the CD that came with the computer. Also, those drivers listed above are installed, but just not up to date.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users