Any reason why you don't have an antivirus and firewall installed?
I strongly suggest you install one, because your system is not protected. Also, I see your windows isn't up to date either to SP2. You really need it though!AVG
are good FREE antivirus.
Never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give problems and decreases the reliability of it seriously!Zonealarm
are FREE firewalls.
Understanding and using firewalls:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...showtutorial=60
It's better to print out the next instructions or save it in notepad, because you also have to work in safe mode without networking support, so this page wouldn't be available then.
It is also important you don't miss a step and perform everything in the right order!!
* Download and install CCleaner
Do not use it yet.
* Download Nail/Aurora Spyware Fix
Do not use it yet.
* Download ewido security suite here: http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Install and update it. Don't let it scan yet!!
Please set your system to show all files.
Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan
on your desktop.* Reboot into Safe Mode`
°To get into the Safe mode as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key". Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.
Once in Safe Mode, please double-click on nailfix.exe. Click "Next" in the setup, then make sure "Run Nailfix" is checked and click "Finish". Your desktop and icons will disappear and reappear, and a window should open and close very quickly --- this is normal.
* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cmdjhbp] c:\windows\system32\mhvmlhd.exe r
<== most probably this one will be renamed, but you'll recognise the entry easily because it also has the r
behind in it.
O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
<== if still present
* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.
* Run Ccleaner and click Run Cleaner (bottom right)
* Still in safe mode; open Ewido Security Suite
Click on scanner
* Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
* When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
* Save the report to your desktop
If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. We have been finding some cases of false positives with the new version of Ewido, so we need to step through the fixes one-by-one. If Ewido finds something that you KNOW is legitimate (for example, parts of AVG Antivirus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk" have been flagged), select "none" as the action. DO NOT check "Perform action with all infections". If you are unsure of an entry, select "none" for the time being. I'll see that in the log you will post later and let you know if ewido needs to be run again.
* Reboot your system back to normal mode.
click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan. Make sure the autoclean
box is checked!
Save the scan log and post it along with a new HijackThis Log
and the Ewido Log
by using Add Reply
Let us know if any problems persist.
Edited by miekiemoes, 04 August 2005 - 07:18 AM.