Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.Trojan.Agent Quarantine...false positive?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 headbanger51

headbanger51

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Hi all...Running Vista Ultimate 64bit, Spysweeper 6.1.0 build 128 and am normally very security conscious but try not to be paranoid. Have owned my laptop for 6 months and never one single trace of spy/mal/adware has ever been detected on a scan. This actually concerned me...normally I at least get some cookies detected. Computer has been acting a little squirrelly lately and yesterday, while in the middle of doing nothing, it just got a blue screen and crashed. I recovered it no problem through a reboot, but just for grins I downloaded and installed Adaware (free) version 8.1.1, updated definitions and ran a sweep. It detected, and then quarantined "Win32.Trojan.Agent" -- Here's a screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/OLTHRT4LVkvl

My question is, is this a false positive? I tried to research what win32.Trojan.Agent was and that's when I saw a lot of activity on various forums about this thing being a false positive a lot and thought I'd get some other opinions.

Note to admin: that's how I found this forum...and I registered because your replies seemed very user- and satisfaction-driven, so kudos! :-)

- John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users