Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gray Screen after maybe 10 minutes...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Marli

Marli

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

I have been having this problem with a laptop but I gave up on it a while ago and now trying to work with it again. It started doing it every now and then randomly but now it's so bad we can't use the laptop because after 10 minutes after booting, it happens again. After about 10 minutes (or actually a bit after the computer has finished booting) the screen gradually starts fading into gray and after about 20-30 seconds, the screen is so gray you can't see anything except for about an inch or so in the left of the screen where you can still see the colors and the background and icons and things and the computer itself is still on but the screen is a grayish/white. I have a feeling it's not the screen or pixels because I don't think we would be able to see anything for the first 10 minutes if it was.

We can't really run a virus scan because we can't see the screen for that long (I haven't tried SafeMode I don't know if that will make a difference) but I have tried hooking up the screen to a computer screen I have and the screen was being displayed but after the screen started to turn gray, the computer screen says "No Signal" and turns off.. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? It's a Compaq laptop if that matters..

Edited by Marli, 01 November 2009 - 03:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users