Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Lost Music

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WickManDo

WickManDo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

I've had problems (blue screen) so I think I might have system recovered. I thought I backed up everything to my external hard drive but don't remember and don't see any music in there. Anyway my music from Windows medis center is gone. I think everything goes into a partition never to be retrived.??? Not sure but I have downloaded several demo's for music recovery and there confusing to say the least. Can I get the music back? I also lost all my music on my lap top. Itunes and Windows media playerboth, all gone. Don't know what I did there either. Help if you can. Thanks, Mike

Edited by The weatherman, 01 November 2009 - 12:27 PM.
Moved from Introductions to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:44 AM

If they're deleted, you can try Recuva, a free file undeletion tool.

#3 diarbe

diarbe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

I've had problems (blue screen) so I think I might have system recovered. I thought I backed up everything to my external hard drive but don't remember and don't see any music in there. Anyway my music from Windows medis center is gone. I think everything goes into a partition never to be retrived.??? Not sure but I have downloaded several demo's for music recovery and there confusing to say the least. Can I get the music back? I also lost all my music on my lap top. Itunes and Windows media playerboth, all gone. Don't know what I did there either. Help if you can. Thanks, Mike

Sounds like you are using Windows later than XP... If it is the case that you actually deleted them, and it doesn't sound like that is the case or problem, what I say next is not relevant. But if you have been given the royal george like I was before I decided to return to a WinXP platform, then I would do a search from the start button/search - (whatever the path is for you) for *.mp3 - or whatever the file extension your music files have. Remember to set the search criterias to include system folders etc. I hated "Windows Media Centre" and went back to a platform with a multimedia system and windows navigation system I could control (without needing a memory - human that is)... WinXP. If you have already done this rather basic search step already and not found your music files, then I would re-consider your options for controling your own computer in a way not dictated to you by so-called improved operating systems just because it "all looks so spivvy". Go back... er forward to WinXP and with all the updates that are still being supplied, actually be in control of your precious files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users