Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got Infected with really nasty virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AeroMonk

AeroMonk

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

I got infected with two nasty viruses last week, called "a.exe" and "acs.exe". I wasn't able to delete the viruses on my own, so I gave my computer to a friend who's good with computers. After a few days my friend said he was able to kill the viruses, but that those were the worst viruses he had ever seen. But I'm not really sure if he fully removed the infection, because I still can't run a manual virus scan in safe mode - using Norton Internet Security 2009. My friend said to me that Norton Antivirus isn't supposed to open in safe mode for anybody, because it was never designed for that. But I know for a fact that he's wrong, because I've been running a manual virus scan, in safe mode, once a week for the past 2 years. So something is keeping me from running my scan in safe mode, and I'm afraid that a virus is still hiding on my computer. Here's a screencap of the error message I get when I try to open Norton in safe mode:
Posted Image

This virus has got to be hiding somewhere deep inside my pc, because I ran a scan with the following programs, and they came up with clean results:
1) Spybot Search & Destroy
2) Norton Antivirus (in normal mode/not safe mode)
3) Malwarebytes AntiMalware
4) Ad-Aware

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop, running with Windows XP SP3.

Thanks in Advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users