Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran Combofix and noe my computer doesnt work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 shamrocka

shamrocka

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Hello. I was hoping that someone could help me. I was advised (on a different board) to run combofix. So I ran it and it seemed that my computer was fixed. Then I posted my combofix log and the person told me to run combofix again including a txt file...well I ran it and now I get explorer.exe applicatiion error. I only have access to taskmanager and c: prompt. Can someone please help me. The only applications that work are like word. Excel. Powerepoint. Dreamweaver. But ii have to launch those from the task manager. Nothing else launches. Not even any of the explorer browsers I have. I'm writing this from my cellphone because that's the only way I can connect to the internet. I was able to copy my files to my harddrive but when ii go to view the folder its not there. But I know its there because I watched all the files copy over in cprompt. Pleeeeeeeeeease someonne help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

Unfortunately the author of the tool does not want information on how Combofix works on public forums.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

The only public information that is available can be found at this guide:

How to use ComboFix
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Beenthere

Beenthere

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

Link to the forum/thread where you were told to run combofix?
Also try to catch subs on some forum... he feels bad when his tool makes problems(even though he wrote the disclaimer) and I'm pretty sure he'll help you out but some other people might help you also.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,952 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

Your ComboFix log is posted here in the Malwarebytes HijackThis Logs forum and you already have been provided instructions by Rosty, a Trusted Advisor.

You should not ask for help from others while you are being instructed by someone helping you with a log elsewhere. HJT Team helpers are all volunteers and the forums are extremely busy trying to assist members with malware removal. When you ask for help and/or post duplicate logs at more than one site, that adds to the over extended workload we already have and takes time away from others who are also seeking assistance but have to wait.

Further, following advice outside of that topic may cause confusion for the Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. Any actions or modifications you make afterwards can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted.

Please continue in your original thread with the Helper who is already assisting you. sUBs is a Moderator at that site and available to Rosty if needed. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform that Helper.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed. If you have any questions, please PM me or another moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users