Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"BAD_POOL_HEADER."

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HJT Noob

HJT Noob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forumn or tool to use for helping, but every once in a while since I have made a few computer tweaks I get an error message with a blue background screen saying I have a "BAD_POOL_HEADER." Despite this, I have not noticed any actually problems when using my computer. What does this mean, how can I fix it, and does it need to be fixed? :thumbsup: Thanks for all the help.

Moved to XP forum by OT 8/3/2005

Edited by OldTimer, 03 August 2005 - 03:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

BAD_POOL_CALLER

A kernal-mode process or driver attempted to perform an illegal memory allocation. The problem can often be traced to a bug in a driver or software. It is also occasionally caused by a failure in a hardware device. You can find detailed debugging instructions for this error in knowledge base article 265879 "How to Debug 'Stop 0xC2' or Stop 0x000000c2' Error Messages. :thumbsup:
:flowers:
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 HJT Noob

HJT Noob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:55 PM

Well... I found the address of the article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314492/EN-US/ but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions. Does it want me to run Debug.exe or some other debugging program? I read the link about kernal dumps but I don't understand it. Thanks for any help.

Edited by HJT Noob, 03 August 2005 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users