Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spelling help does not work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grandpaw7

grandpaw7

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

It used to be that when I misspelled a word, the word would be underlined and when I right clicked on it I would get a window suggesting correctly spelled words I might have meant. Now, and for some weeks, the misspelled word gets underlined but nothing happens when I right click.

I use SpySweeper, and AVG Anti-Virus (paid version), and run Trend HouseCall and Ccleaner. They don't show any problems.

I'm not sure what all specs I should provide but hopefully they will be included in this:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home
System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
System Model Dimension 2400
Total Physical Memory 768.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 276 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

The guidelines suggest that each new topic be confined to a single problem. Please let me know if I should post these problems separately or if they are closely enough related to the above problem that is helpful to post them here:

Most often, when I highlight a word to copy it and then right click to get the menu that includes Copy, the menu does not open so that I have to go to Edit>Copy. I can't recall just when that happens and when it doesn't. But when I purposely misspell a word in this reply and it gets underlined, nothing happens when I right click on it. If I highlight the underlined word before I right click, still nothing happens.

When I am in Hotmail and have read an email in my Inbox, and then want to return to the Inbox, I can't do so by clicking on the return arrow as I used to be able to; instead I have to click on the word
Inbox.

Thanks, grandpaw

P.S. I wonder if it would be helpful for me to use the hijackthis feature.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

What program are you using? That is, are you typing in Microsoft word, another word processor, or some other program?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users