Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Editing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevansky

stevansky

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

I run Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Dell E512 with AMD Brisbane 5000+ processor and 4gb of ram. I've been reviewing the list of domains that are saved in my registry and deleting suspicious domains and or just ones I don't want remaining in the list. I did this manually one entry at a time in two different folders. When I continued my search it came up with an identical list in a 3rd folder! How many more lists there are I don't know as I gave up at that point. Is there a tool I can use to search for and remove multiple entries at once?? Thanks! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

Are you talking about a registry cleaner ?

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 stevansky

stevansky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

I've used CCleaner and it does a fairly good job. But it leaves a lot of stuff behind like the domain list. Is there something better out there? Also regarding the list of domains do you know if that just lists domains that have interfaced with IE only or does it include all browsers?

Edited by stevansky, 31 October 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

I would advise you to leave the registry alone. :huh:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic