Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get rid of "security tool" please help me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sistaroot

sistaroot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Please can someone help me
i have followed the instructions on this page:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...e-security-tool

But when i double click on the file that i have renamed to explorer, i can not run it a message shows:
"Sysinternals Process Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Then i can click on "Send error report" or "Don't send"

So i can not compleete the guide to remove security tool..

How do i do to remove it?

:thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 31 October 2009 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

You could try skipping that part and start at no 8 malwarebytes

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

The malware may well be reading the fact that it is an .exe file and killing the process. This means that MBAM may not work also, being an .exe file.

Run RKill and then try again.

Download and Run RKill

Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users