Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is very infected. Please Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xiomara

xiomara

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Help!

My computer is extremely infected! I currently have a picture of a gay guy advertising his services in the center of my desktop and popups gallore from safety center. I have been infected in the past and have attempted to clean my pc using malawarebytes, spyware doctor, etc. In addtion, I was supposed to be protected by McAfee. I also believe that my identity has been stolen.

I have run your dds software to create the logs and I can send them to you if you tell me how.

As you can see I am in dire need of help. I thank you very much for your appreciated assistance, I don't know what to do anymore.

Xiomara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Give us a little more information please. Were you actually able to run Malwarebytes? When was the last time you updated the definitions for both Malwarebytes and your McAfee? Do you have the Malwarebytes log? Are you able to get in to safe mode?

I would cut the internet conneciton first and then log in via safemode. Run Malwarebytes first and see if you can get SUPERAntiSpyware to install. If you can, run that as well. I realize that Malwarebytes isn't at its full effectiveness in safe mode but it can start the killing of startup processes and allow you to do more in the regular Windows mode. Keep in mind with SAS you will need to run it under each profile as it only scans the profile you are currently logged in to.

1. Get Malwarebytes HERE
2. Get SAS HERE

Edited by azfreetech, 31 October 2009 - 12:12 PM.

DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 stevansky

stevansky

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

In addition to disconnecting the internet connection would disabling System Restore also be a good idea? Seems like I read somewhere that some trojans and viruses have a nasty habit of hiding there.

#4 xiomara

xiomara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

Thank you all for your prompt replies. I ran malwarebytes approximately 2 months ago and I don't know if it kept logs. I have done what you've asked, disable IE, boot in safe mode, and run malawarebutes again. Unfortunately, I forgot to update the malwarebytes software before I ran it, and I did not download SAS. Should I enable I and do both things again?

#5 stevansky

stevansky

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

I don't think a 2 month old log is going to be much help at this point. Won't hurt try to update malwarebytes and run it again if whatever has infected your system will let you. Good luck!

#6 xiomara

xiomara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi all,

I have updated the malaware software and downloaded SAS. I ran both and was able to get rid of close to 150 viruses. If you are going to continue to help me. Should I now, turn safemode back on and disable IE. I have it on so I can communicate with you.

Please let me know how to proceed. I am anxious to clean my PC.

Thanks

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yes, please post the logs
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users