Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I.E. has closed webpage to protect computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

This started yesterday. I.E. has closed this webpage to help protect your computer. I have run scans with K.I.S., melwarebytes and super anti spyware and found nothing. Application Error. (The instructions at "0x05d20068" referenced memory at "0x05d20060. The memory could not be written. I don't know what this means. I need help. I'm trying to get windows security updates. For years it's always worked manual or automatic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

I would guess that the site had some bad script, MS Security Center caught it and killed the page. It seems by your post that this and other sites are Ok! Is this correct?

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 31 October 2009 - 12:46 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Good morning OldPhil. All other sites work as they should. For what ever reason updates work now on manual and automatic. I have checked a few security sites including here looking for a new bug that might be going around. Found none. Scanned any way and found nothing. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users