Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 & Vista Ultimate hangs when connected to wireless data card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robinsaini

robinsaini

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

Hi,

I have been using Windows 7Ultimate & Vista Ultimate for over a year now...I use my wireless IDEA Net setter to access internet (http://www.ideacellular.com/IDEA.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=IDEA_Page_GPRS)

My usage of Internet is approx 15-18 yrs a day and after usage of couple of hours ...the net connection automatically goes from Idea net setter bar as shows in pic 1(attached).The computer does not show connected hardware in system(pic 2 & pic 3 attached.)

Pic 1 :- pic 1
Pic 2 :- Pic 2

Even if i unplug & plug device again it doesn't start and few applications or sometime computer hangs. I have 2 forcibly restart the computer which again takes ages as...while shutting down it gives messages stopping services which is displayed for a long time post which it shuts down and restarts with a window says “Safe mode/network/ and start windows normally).
Reboot times differ but every time is close to 42415 seconds …and the nagging error comes that windows has recovered from unexpected error ..Details attached.

Pic 3 Pic 3

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 00000258
BCP3: 84FCDD48
BCP4: 82B68B24
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\103109-25256-01.dmp
C:\Users\RobinSaini\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46644-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

PHYSICAL DUMP FILE LINK IS
DUMP FILE LINK

All drivers related to wireless/network are already installed but still I have to forcefully SHUT DOWN my laptop minimum 4-5 times in day.
Please help.I have a copy of .dmp file also but dont know how 2 upload here

Laptop Configuration:-
HP Pavillion Dv 6000
Intel Core 2 duo T 5550 @ 1.83 Ghz
3 GB RAM

Alos let me know how can i upload pic ofscreen shot I tool during error.

Rds
Robinsaini@gmail.com

Edited by robinsaini, 31 October 2009 - 04:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:16 AM

Hi.

Welcome to BC.

A small program called BlueScreenView will read your minidump file and may help you pinpoint the problem -

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

To put a pic or screenshot onto the forum, you should first upload it to a hosting site, eg. PhotoBucket or any one of many, then get the code for bulletin boards and post that. You can have a practise in Test and Scribbles.

At the top of every page here there are tabs which will give you a heap of useful info - check them out.

Cheers

#3 robinsaini

robinsaini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:53 AM

Thanks rowal5555,

Uploaded pic for my post....

Also downloaded BlueScreenView and it read all dump files....but can u help me find which file driver has caused this problem as i cant figure out...have also uploaded dump file...

your help will be highly appreciated.

Tks mate
Robin saini

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

Hi Robin

BllueScreenView is not the be all and end all but it can help. It is usually the top one which is causing trouble. Have you been to device manager and checked that there are no exclamation or question marks against anything there? Click the + beside anything to do with Wireless, right click on it and Update Driver.

That is about all I can suggest, so we will hope that someone else has some ideas.

Cheers

#5 injunjoe

injunjoe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

I too, am using Net Setter on Vista and getting random freezes, sometimes after only minutes online. The only thing to do is stop the machine with the off button. It all happens too quickly for Vista to record any errors, just a "uh, we seem to have restarted unexpectedly."

Advent 5312
2Gb RAM
Pentium Dual CPU T2390 1.86GHz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users