Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Graphics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpc43

jpc43

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:19 AM

My cousin is considering going into computer graphics after his senior year of high school. He's had different suggestions for how to approach his academic future. Some say he should go to college for a graphics course,and some say he should go into computer science at a university

any opinions? or suggestions?

thanks!
AMD athlon 64 3000+,Nvidia Geforce 6200,2x120G HDD,WIN media center '05

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

Hi jpc43,

I would suggest visiting all of the above :thumbsup: . Seriously, check them all out and see what fits his needs best. I attended a highly rated computer science university, for my area, and was very disappointed on what they had to offer. Our local technical college had a far better program. It's all in the curriculum of the school and the wants of the student.

If your cousin is still in high school, tell him to visit his hs guidance counselor. They should have brochures for most of the schools in your area. Pick a few and call those schools for tours. Most have staff/students that will show you around and give you a decent feel of what they offer.

Good luck with everything. I applaud you for helping your friend and for you taking the next step in education.

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 jpc43

jpc43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:34 AM

Thank-you very much for your response

it is evident that there is no correct answer,so we will have to do some research for the most appropriate answer.

Thanks again,cheers
AMD athlon 64 3000+,Nvidia Geforce 6200,2x120G HDD,WIN media center '05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users