Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer computer owners who have C and D drives

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

After nearly 2 years of owning an Acer laptop, just found out why the 2 partitions, LOL.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268140/empty-c-volume/

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spanishguy

spanishguy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

I got my brother in law one of these and he had the same problem with C drive filling up I just altered the size of the partions. He's run it for 9 months now without a problem, seems like a waste of resources if you ask me. If we had realized the way it was configured before we bought it (I know buyer beware!!) we would not have bought it. Still, it's worked for him so maybe it's ok. I still think hardware companies should provide original discs with the software on, there are way too many computer illiterate people who are getting ripped having their system restored because they don't have the original cd's. My rant for the day!!!

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Update.

I have plenty of external USB drives for backups, so used GParted to shrink the D: volume to 11.6GB and extend the C:drive up to 127GB. No drama.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users