Here is where I found the instructions
Here is where quietman7 was assisting me
Attached are the logs.
I think I have a similar virus that others are describing as the Alpha Virus.
- blocks F8 SafeMode from running (F8 works now and I see a regular user menu screen)
- Windows loads with no desktop or start button nor screen taskbar
- Only allows Task manager to run
- Lsass.exe, winlogon.exe, sass.exe run in Taskmanager and can't be stopped
- When attempting kill the exe's or other selections I get a message that the URLmon.dll can't load
- I was able to get SafeMode to run via MSCONFIG boot.ini change
- I burned Malbyteware to a CD and was able to run through Taskmanager, however it ran for 3 hours and then stalled and not finding anything
- I burned Superantivirus to a CD and when I tried to run it, I got a message that the Administrator doesn't allow this file to be run.
- Smitfix tool didn't find any issues
- Sasser removal tool from Symantec didn't find any issues
Error Loading newdev.dll The specific module could not be found
I have run Vampre twice and both times it finds infections but says clean 0 (zero)
Malware found 2 addware.hotbar with a wxfw.dll When I hit remove, diagonal lines crossed the Malware application and it crashed. It seems it is some Weatherchannel labeled virus. One of the lines looked like this, but because Malware crashed, I don't know if this is the exact line
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls\wxfw.dll (Adware.Hotbar)
Thanks for any suggestions.