Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 5001 InstalSheild Wizard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave Berlowitz

Dave Berlowitz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

We recently had to cut back (way back) on expenses so shut off all satellite TV, House phones, and Internet.
We went with a Cricket UM185 uplink modem and it intalled and works great (although slow) on my PC and my laptop but in attempting to install on
my wife's HP Desktop (Pentium 4, 3ghz running XP Home SP3) we get InstallSheild Wizard Error 5001.
I called Tech support at Cricket and was told to Google the error code and I'd find an answer to the problem. Yeah, Right!
HELP please?!?!?!
Thanks, Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

Looks to me like several possibilities.

You've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

You've run chkdsk /r on your boot partition...and then defragged same?

FWIW: That error doesn't appear to have any particular significance, IMO. Various persons seem to recommend running registry cleaners as a solution of sorts. I suggest that you NOT follow any such recommendation by anyone.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users