Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Account Access to Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matfff

matfff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:27 AM

Hi all,

I have Windows XP home edition with 5 user profiles for the various members of my family.

I usualy install programs using my administrator account. The problem occurs when other members of the family, using their user profile, want access to these programs, particulary games. Usually, they can't access the programs (even though using 'my computer' they can see the files and launch .exe files)

How do I get round this problem? It is even stranger as some programs are accessible, whilst some are not - weird eh?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:47 AM

Some Applications Require That A Administrator To Execute The Games As Well As Installing Them. Check The Product Documentation.

This Link To Microsoft's Support Base With What Sounds Like Your Problem.

Knowledge Base

Milzee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users