Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing from XP Pro SP3 to Vista 64 bit SP2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pitbullonyourheelz

pitbullonyourheelz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

I'm trying to set up a network. I have one PC running Vista 64 bit with an HP Photosmart C4250 printer attached and working perfectly. I also have another PC which runs XP Pro SP3 that I want to network wirelessly so I can print from my XP rig to my Vista rig. Is this even possible. My XP rig is recognizing my Vista rig when I try to add a printer, but when I type in the printer's name I get an error message which states (Windows cannot connect to the printer. Either it was mistyped or blah blah blah) My Vista rig is named EVGA and the printer is named HP. I've tried both and no luck, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

Did you type in in like this? \\EVGA\HP

Is the printer set to be shared?

#3 pitbullonyourheelz

pitbullonyourheelz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

It's working now. I had an incorrect amount of \'s :D Duh thx so much

Edited by pitbullonyourheelz, 30 October 2009 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Your :thumbsup:

Easy enough to slip one to many \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\`s in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users