Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wmclean

wmclean

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

Recently I changed my ISP. Some weeks after the changeover, emails from people with hotmail accounts started arriving in my normal email client, "Eudora", with strange alphanumeric codes interspersed in the message eg. =2C, =3C and the like. Emails with image files in the body of the message arrived with blocks of upper case alpha characters in place of the images. However, if I use OE (or, on my laptop, Winmail) to download the email, everything arrives "as sent". Likewise, if the email is sent to my alternate hotmail account, it arrives as sent. I suspect that a setting in Eudora options might be the problem but, I also wonder if it could be a problem somehow caused by the new ISP. Hotmail accounts are the only emails I have problems with and so far, the new ISP has proved singularly unhelpful in solving the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users