Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transcription work on vista

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mommaofa

mommaofa

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

I cannot get my foot pedal to work with my new laptop. The laptop is an HP dv6-1245dx and the foot pedal is an Infinity IN-USB-1. The program I use for the transcription work is fine. It's like the laptop will not recognize the foot pedal. I need to get this problem straightened out!! Does anyone know how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

Open your Device Manager and scroll down to the USB hub controllers
Are there any yellow exclamation points or question marks by them?
If yes, delete the controller and reboot the computer Windows will reinstall them and it should work
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mommaofa

mommaofa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Thank you for your response.

There are no yellow exclaimation marks by any of them.

I can hear the ding when I plug the foot pedal in but then when I open the program and try and use the foot pedal, I get nothing. The program is already set up to detect a foot pedal right away.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

They do have free software to test the unit
http://www.filecluster.com/Audio-Video/Uti...dal-Tester.html
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 mommaofa

mommaofa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Wow, thank you! It did work on my laptop. So, I guess that means my program is not recognizing it. I wonder what I have to do now.

Thank you so much!!

#6 mommaofa

mommaofa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

I just wanted to follow-up for everyone who is looking.

The verison of the Fusion player I have does not work with windows 64-bit. Fusion has an updated program to fix the problem so the foot pedal will work with the player.

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

Good to hear
Thanks for posting back
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users