Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emuman

emuman

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:11 AM

Good Afternoon, I have a question in regards to booting Windows XP to Safe Mode. Due to living in an isolated area, I share my personal computer with a few work colleagues, most have limited accounts, but a couple I trust have admin rights. Now the computers a bit sick and I'm currently submitting to the forums on this site. One instruction I received was to reboot in safe mode. Once I got to the welcome screen ther were two logons possible, my own and one labelled Administrator ( I had deleted all other accounts except one limited account which didn't show). Is this normal as I had thought that I was the primary administrator and I'm sure it didn't show up under the Control Panel/User Accounts.
Thankyou.

Edited by emuman, 03 August 2005 - 01:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:36 AM

Yes it's normal, deleting the administrator account would be a very bad idea, if you like it's the super account on the PC and is sometimes needed for advanced fixes of the OS.

If it's not password protected I'd recommend putting a password on the adminstrator account, if there isn't anyone typing administrator into the username would gain full control of the PC. Make sure it's a password you can remember or write it down in a safe place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users