Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey admin....lets not promote trojon-ware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 SkyWriting

SkyWriting

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

According to WOT (WebOfTrust) some of the adsense ads on this forums first pageare for :thumbsup: scam--ware.:flowers:

First, everybody should have WOT running.
It's not perfect, but if enough people complain about a site, the adsense ads gets labeled.

And the adsense that shows here should defiantly be monitored. I hope yous guys agree.

-Chas

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 30 October 2009 - 03:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

I doubt if we have very much control over Google Ads
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

First of all, logged in members do not see ads. We have 'limited' control of what ads appear to guests. If you see an ad for something that is obviously scam or scumware or is dubious, send the site owner Grinler a PM stating what the ad was you saw. Grinler will then contact Google and request that they remove the ad from BleepingComputer's pages.

So the best way to avoid those ads is to be a registered member. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 SkyWriting

SkyWriting
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:03 AM

First of all, logged in members do not see ads. .....So the best way to avoid those ads is to be a registered member. :thumbsup:

I'm not following you. Your saying that I'm not a registered member and I'm not logged in. Kind of like I don't exist, yet you can here what I say and are talking to me. Spooky, yet appropriate for tonight I guess.

#5 SkyWriting

SkyWriting
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

I doubt if we have very much control over Google Ads

You have full control. I'm suggesting using it. And it's not for ME. I already KNOW your promoting scamware on your website. I'm just letting you know it's there and I guess oblivious to it.

Edited by SkyWriting, 01 November 2009 - 01:11 AM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Hello,

We do in fact work to remove or filter out bad ads. As Animal says, you need to inform Grinler of the bad ads in question. We cannot control what NEW ads Google decides to put out, but once they appear we can take steps to filter them out.

Next time you see an inappropriate ad, you should right click on the link, click on copy link and pm it to me so I can filter it out . . .

Members when logged in shouldn't be seeing the ads. See this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50648/members-no-longer-see-advertisements-at-bc/

I don't see ads at all logged in or not because I have them blocked through my security settings as do most of us that are on staff here.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

Let's quit feeding the trolls
Topic closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users