Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Connect to" has vanished

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

The other day I unplugged the wireless adaptor from my PC, and tried it on my Wii. Once i had discovered that the Wii actually has wireless built in, I re-connected the adaptor to the PC, but now the wireless icon in the bottom right hand of the taskbar, has vanished, and the "connect to", in the Start menu has also dissappeared. The PC was not running at the time that i unplugged the adaptor, but would this still affect the PC? I also noticed that the "help and support" service, was not running and i had to start it. This is a similar problem to what i had a couple of months ago, and changing the router channel was the answer. Unfortunately, this time, it hasn't worked.

Any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vancreef

vancreef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

Bit of an update:
I un-installed the D-Link software, and downloaded the lastest driver from their website. i have installed the driver, and the wireless then returns for several minutes. Then i hear a "di-dum", and the D icon, and the wireless icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the Taskbar, vanish. The adaptor light goes out, and it's off again. I tried to use the Windows program for adding a pc to a network, where i just insert a flashdrive into my laptop, (which is still working fine), and then it saves the wireless settings to the flashdrive, which i then just plug into the PC to add it. This has been sort of "hit 'n' miss", occassionaly working but mostly i get an error message, telling me the adaptor software has not been installed, even though i already have installed it. doin my head in!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users