Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sirhc1210

sirhc1210

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I have a desktop, probally about 3-4 years old. Just recently reinstalled windows XP (had a pretty nasty virus =/ )

Now my computer clock runs slow... though i'm not sure why. I usually don't turn it off, have no sleep modes or anything like that on other than turning the monitor off. The hard drives are set to stay on. and it'll be 3 hours behind when i come home from work.

Could it be the battery on the mobo? I would think that as long as the comp was plugged in/turned on that wouldn't be a problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ray_

Ray_

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

Yes the battery on the motherboard is most likely your issue. You should consider replacing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users