Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which version of Windows 7 do i need?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

I have been using the RC Test copy of Windows 7 for the last few months (i think)

It was the demo that came out from microsoft, but I guess I need to upgrade to a full version.... would i be eligible for an upgrade purchase or should I buy a full version??

Is 7 Ultimate the best for someone on in the graphic design field???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:26 AM

Microsoft has a page comparing different versions of MS Windows 7 : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/compare

#3 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

I have been using the RC Test copy of Windows 7 for the last few months (i think)

It was the demo that came out from microsoft, but I guess I need to upgrade to a full version.... would i be eligible for an upgrade purchase or should I buy a full version??

Is 7 Ultimate the best for someone on in the graphic design field???

YOU Qualify for the upgrade if you had Windows 2000--XP or VISTA with the Lic. key on your machine before you installed the Rc you would probably want PRO or Ultimate 64 bit as they can see and use the most ram of all the versions.Good luck, PS thats if your system can handle 64 bit cheer's

Edited by sleepwalker, 31 October 2009 - 01:40 AM.

#4 bgardner

bgardner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:10 AM

What do you mean by handle 64 bit??

I got 4gb of ram, I forget the processor though

#5 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

Take a look here bgardner.

#6 cotesy

cotesy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

If your processor is a later Intel or AMD Athlon 64 onwards, then you are 64bit capable. The only issues would be whether drivers are available for the hardware you have. If your machine originally came with Vista, then its likely the 64bit mode will work fine.

If you are unsure whats in your PC and dont want to take a screwdriver to it, check out this software, it will reveal all whats in the box at component level letting you check each item - http://download.cnet.com/Everest-Ultimate-...4-10499291.html

Cheers ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users