Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot install updates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Hi there guys, i am using windows xp and cant seem to install updates. The little yellow logo(windows update logo) which is sitting in the bottom right hand corner will allow me to double click on it and when i do i get a message saying "some updates could not be installed on the computer" and windows xp is mentioned.The yellow logo is still sitting there and does no go away, and updates will not install no matter how many times i try. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Grassy

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

what service pack have you got installed, that might be your problem

#3 grassy

grassy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

what service pack have you got installed, that might be your problem

I uninstalled the previous service pack and installed .net framework 3.5 sp1 and that seemed to have fixed the problem.Thanks for putting me in the right direction. Best regards grassy :thumbsup:

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#4 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

My pleasure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users