Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ME! ATI Radeon x300

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Silversith

Silversith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

I'm having trouble with my ATI Radeon x300 card. Whenever I run a 3D game it crashes 1 or 2 minutes into the game. '3D' includes 'Thief 2' which freezes every time and Dungeon Lords which suddenly becomes a blank blue screen and refuses to respond. I was thinking that maybe it was my drivers... installed the latest ones, still didn't work. Then I thought of contacting the support website... still waiting for a reply. Then I thought there might be something physically wrong with the card. I checked it through... found nothing out of place except:

I'm curious... Where the port connector is plugged into the card there are only 15 pins, one is missing and the plug is also blocked off on that particular pin. I thought maybe it could've been broken off? Or is it built like that... ?

Other than that I can find nothing wrong with the card, any ideas? My only option is to go back to the shop and look up the salesman who sold the damn thing to me and as for a 'tester' card to see if the problem persists...

Any help would be appreciated, thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:24 PM

heh, ati's blue screen of death. I was warned about something like that from a friend who now buys nvivia.

I think it would be something with the card on your computer. I'd probably just take it back. I had a somewhat similar experience with my computer, I tried putting an x800 pro into it and it would black screen after start up and it wouldn't load windiws xp (*edit, which I notice that the thread hasn't been closed yet, heh*). So I just took it back and used the money to buy a 6800 gt.

I don't know if it would be a faulty video card or just your computer. I'd guess it would be compatibility issues or something of that sort.

Edited by Wizdabest, 05 August 2005 - 09:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users