Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI Video Card... HELP PLEASE!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xesvuli420

xesvuli420

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

~~~~~~~~~~This is whats HAPPENING NOW~~~~~~~~~~
I log onto windows, and my laptop is working fine. I go to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitors, and Turn my TELEVISION ON. Hit applay, and BAM!!! TV cuts on displaying picture. Everything Perfect until I turn computer off. When I cut it back on, the TV is off, and back to it was before I turned on the TELEVISION option. I can turn it on manually again, and its fine, but anytime i restart my computer, it resets it.
I have tried creating an ATI Scheme, but that only makes it easier to set it back the way I want it after reboot. 1 step instead of 3.

~~~~~~~~~~My Story~~~~~~~~~~
Couple years ago, I started using my HP ZE4115 laptop running XPSP2, and my 60" RCA HD(DVI, not HDMI)TV as the monitor using s-Video. I remember back then having the same problem when I first hooked everything up for the first time, but somehow someway I fixed it. I do remember someone told me to go to the ATI website, and update the driver or something, and I believe that is what fixed it. I just can't remember what I downloaded. I am pretty sure whatever it was also came with that catylst thing, which I did not have before. Long story short, everything was perfect until yesterday!

I just did a full wipe of my laptop, and recovered it to the factory settings and now its back to the original ATI Driver ATI Radeon IGP 320M. If Im not mistaking, that is the something I changed/updated to get it to work, as well as adding the catylst center.

I went to ATI drivers page and clicked on professional/home, then Radeon, and don't see my driver anywhere, OR know which one to pick. I took a chance and picked one and it wouldn't install. I tried 3 different ones, and now i'm frustrated. I could really use some help

I know I can get this to work again, the trick is finding the key (again! =o) lol) Hopefully you guys can help me out.

BTW Talk in laymans terms to me, I am a little illiterate when it comes to computers.

Thanks so much!

P.s. I just tried installing catalyst. Started with 4.4, then 4.12, then 3.1, and keep getting this message...

Setup was unable to complete the installation.
Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA
driver before running setup

Edited by xesvuli420, 28 October 2009 - 07:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

All the HP notebooks I see...are Pavilion models with 4 digits, not three.

In any case, the place to get your drivers from is the HP website.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_paget...ng=en&cc=us

Louis

#3 xesvuli420

xesvuli420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

All the HP notebooks I see...are Pavilion models with 4 digits, not three.

In any case, the place to get your drivers from is the HP website.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_paget...ng=en&cc=us

Louis

Corrected! (thanks)
and I already have that driver. Im thinking when I installed Catalyst, it helped, but its not letting me install catalyst anymore.

Edited by xesvuli420, 28 October 2009 - 07:53 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

You don't need to install...anything other than the video driver package provided by HP for that system.

The Catalyst package at the ATI website...is not even necessary for most users. Forget the ATI website...uninstall anything you have installed from there...and install the video drivers for that system which are downloadable from the HP website.

Louis

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

I disagree, later drivers sometimes have better TV/multimonitor support. Here are the latest drivers I could find for the 320M, according to the release notes they work on XP as well. Download Video driver and catalyst control center.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Page...ev=&ostype=

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 prvnsgr

prvnsgr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

thanks for the drivers..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users