Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus Gold and other problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dmcintosh

dmcintosh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

Hello folks,

I am new to this forum. A friend and a Google search led me here. I have used computers for many years and am comfortable with them but I consider myself primarily a user and not techie. I am an aging consultant with a particular interest in eLearning.

Recently I have been plagued by spyware - especially AntiVirus Gold, Adware Delete, oneclicksearches.com, etc. I have tried four different AntiSpyware programs to get rid of it - Ad-Aware, Spybot, Webroot Spy Sweeper (yes, I paid for it) and the Windows beta. The first two did not even appear to detect AntiVirus Gold. The last two appeared to find it but failed to delete it.

A friend suggested that I try www.bleepingcomputer.com and, praise be, there are specific steps to remove AntiVirus Gold. Hooray!

I followed the steps verrrry carefully. When I tried to use Killbox to delete the suggested files, I got this dialogue box after requesting a reboot:

(I can't copy and paste from here so this is the text of the message)
PendingFilenameRenameOperations Registry Data has been removed by External Process!

Does this mean that I have screwed up my registry? Does it mean that one of the previous scans by the Anti-Spyware programs has done this?

How do I proceed from here?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

download hijackthis and post a log and the hjt will help you :thumbsup:
Posted Image
We come into this world in birth, and we die and rot into the earth.

#3 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:48 PM

I concur with Seth the Hijackthis forum has people that can with Killbox issues. I was glancing through the Hijackthis forum and saw several other people with the same issue as yours and there is a specific fix for it. They also need some info from the scans of hijackthis and Killbox. I recommend reading the tutorials for both items and post yoiur scans in the hijackthis forum here at BC.
Posted Image

#4 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:50 PM

Sorry I didn't answer your question. It means that something was found and dealt with by Killbox. You sholud be able too boot normally and conduct the scans.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users