Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

Hi all,I installed Windows7 and dual boot with XP Pro.Is it safe to assume that I need to install all the spyware and virus programs to Windows7.Another words,should each OS have it's own programs,Tony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

Hi Plumber.

Yes. Each install is like a different computer and must have its own protection, it is starting from scratch again.

I found that SuperAntiSpyware would not run on Windows7 (don't know if they have fixed that yet), but I put MalwareBytes on with Win7 and it works fine. I use Avast, WinPatrol and ThreatFire successfully on Win7.
You could check out your Device Manager to see if any drivers need updating as well.

I really like Win7 and will be installing Ultimate on all my computers over the next few days. Have been running the RC since June and found that I hardly ever booted back to XP since then.

Cheers

Edited by rowal5555, 28 October 2009 - 04:37 PM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Thanx for the quick response,I installed Ultimate and like it so far.I noticed when I scanned XP with MS Security Essentials it scanned all my partitions.Don't know if I should install that on 7.Thanx again,Tony.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Can't comment on that as I don't use it, but it is like everything on your computer - try various options and keep the ones that work for you.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#5 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

Avast, AVG, Avira, MS Security Essentials, Norton all work ok. So does, I assume, Rogers (ISP) 'free' antivirus software.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users