Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken Inspiron 1525 Screen, Help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danielpaulhardy

danielpaulhardy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. I broke the screen and now cannot see anything on it. Ive tried hooking up a monitor, and using the HDMI output, but to no success. I believe there is a place where i have to set up the HDMI output. Does anyone know where there is a guide I could use. Im blind on the screen so maybe there is a way to set it up without having to "see it."

Let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ray_

Ray_

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

Plug in the monitor and boot up your laptop into Windows. Press the Fn key + F5, or Fn + F8.

I believe it's Fn + F8 with most Dells. What you're trying to do is activate the external port for the monitor (it is deactivated by default).

Have you physically broken the screen or did it stop working? If the latter, what was the last actions you took before it stopped working?

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

According to the manual for your laptop its FN+F8. Try that let us know if you get it working.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 01 November 2009 - 06:04 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users