Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Windows cannot load the User Profile"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hoffmane21

Hoffmane21

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

OK, a few months ago I bought a laptop and after a couple weeks I got the Blue Screen of Death. I had my father (who is a computer network engineer) re-install windows xp and things ran smoothly from there. A couple weeks ago my husband accidently clicked run on a Malware virus and the Safety Center was downloaded onto our computer. Thanks to Bleepingcomputer, I got the download for the scan and removed it from my computer.

Yesterday I tried to Start up the laptop and got a pop-up that said:

"Windows cannot load the user profile specified but has logged on with the default user."

Under that it says:

"Insuffient system resources exist to complete requested service"

My father lives in another state and had been in the hospital and therefore cannot help my this time.

Does ANYBODY know what it wrong? I can log in on Safety mode on both my profile and administrator. I ran the malware scan and virus scan and cleaned up everything on computer. I even tried a system restore and it said it was successful but I am still getting the error message and won't log me in.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hoffmane21

Hoffmane21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Along with all this now, I am recieving this message:

"A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer, Error Code 0x80070002."

This appears after I click ok to the first pop up of the User Profile and System Resources problem.

Then I get this:

"Value Creation Failed " at line 599"

Am I totally Scr*wed?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Take a look at one of the links which seems appropriate, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sou...mp;oq=&aqi=.

If you come across a solution suggesting registry changes...and choose to attempt such...I suggest that you first backup your registry, using a tool such as ERUNT Registry Backup Tool - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html.

System manufacturer and model of laptop?

<<"Windows cannot load the user profile specified but has logged on with the default user.">>

That message usually indicates a damaged user profile. This can be overcome by How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151.

Louis

#4 Hoffmane21

Hoffmane21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Ok I have gotten to this point:

I have created a new User accout.

I went in and copied the files from the OLD account, and went to find the New User File under Windows Explorer, and it isn't there. I go back to the control panel and click on user accounts and it shows up there. But under Windows Explorer, not there. So I cannot copy the old to the new. Any ideas where it is?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

If you created a new user account...there should be a set of respective folders for whatever name you gave it...now listed under Docs & Settings.

Louis

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Ok I have gotten to this point:

I have created a new User accout.

I went in and copied the files from the OLD account, and went to find the New User File under Windows Explorer, and it isn't there. I go back to the control panel and click on user accounts and it shows up there. But under Windows Explorer, not there. So I cannot copy the old to the new. Any ideas where it is?

See my answer in your other topic here concerning the user profile issue:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268078/creating-user-accounts/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users