Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Never an update for COMODO?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpumelter

cpumelter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:56 AM

I have been using COMODO for maybe a month now, & I have noticed that there are rarely updates for it - maybe once a week, or once every 10 days. I do the updates manually. With the others I have used (AVG/Avast, etc.) there are usually updates every couple of days.

Anyone here use Comodo? Thoughts on this? I want to be sure I am getting good protection w/ this, but I wonder since the updates are so sporadic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

You would be best advised to post your question on the Comodo Forum,which is truly excellant.
I can tell you that the Comodo AV checks for new definitions every 30 minutes.That does not mean there are new definitions every 30 minutes but it does check just in case.
You will find the people on the Forum most helpful and willing
Regards

#3 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Here is the link just in case you need it.

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_internet_s...ity_cis-b125.0/

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

Comodo AV updates are installed silently in the background. The latest is 2758. As for general updates to Comodo itself there have been none since the release of the latest version 3.12.111745.560 some weeks back and as I understand it the next Comodo update in regard to CIS will be around December when the Beta version of V4 is set to be released.
If you are running a version previous to the one above then you will have to uninstall it and then install the latest version as it is not possible to upgrade from v3.11 to 3.12. As V3.12 needs a clean install. As advised in the post above though you are better going to the Comodo Forums at the link supplied for advice.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#5 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the info., guys. I will head on over to that forum & lurk for awhile so I can learn.

Cheers,
cpumelter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users