Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wiin 7 Qs?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jonesnewton

jonesnewton

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

Hi
I just returned a HP Vista Basic laptop and now got a Acer Win 7 Premium, wow what a difference :huh:
Q1, There is no Windows Mail ( old OE) on here, only Windows LIVE Mail, so what is the best to get, I liked OE as there I could save mails for multiple sendings.(ie CV/Job app)
Q2, The Ram on vista was runnng at 40% even when doing nothing, Win 7 is doing the same? Is this normal?
Q3,Is it possible to find out if this machine was upgraded from Vista to Win 7 by manufacturer, tho I asked and was told it was not?
Q4,This laptop has something called Tablet PC Input Panel, I played with it abit, but cannot see the reason for this?? I originally thought this was installed on the wrong type of machine Any help?
Q5,In Vista you have the gadget bar on the screen, but not on Win 7, can this be done by a workaround?

If anyone has found out little tricks or stuff to download please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Neil the Novice :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users