Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vwwade

vwwade

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

:thumbsup: This is my first time on Bleeping Computer. I hope it really helps. My daughter has a virus on her computer and I have been looking for somewhere to find help.
Hope this will help me with other problems also.
Virginia Wade

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause, only it is in the form of BC! Check out the self-help forum for instructions on the removal of many common malware programs, or scan the anti-virus forum for other helpful threads.
If you cannot find a solution, then please post about what is happening to your computer, and members will try to assist you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 vwwade

vwwade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

Thanks John. I went to the forum but what I need is not there.
My daughter has the virus W32/opanki.gen virus and I cannot find out out to get rid of it. She cannot get on her internet so I have been trying to help her. She has Norton Security with Anti Virus but it did not pick it up. Gateway told her what it was. Everytime she went online C:\programfiles\Wild Tangent\Apps\CDA
comes up, then c:\WINNT\msaccrt.exe
so far thats the only info I have.
Virginia

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! vwwade.
I'm not too good at removing viruses but if you make a post in any forum about it, I'm sure, that one of our volunteers will be more than willing to help. A moderator will move it to teh appropriate forum.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#5 vwwade

vwwade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:24 AM

:thumbsup: thanks

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

Hello Virginia. :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

I know that wild tangent is something that keeps track of gaming. I am not completely sure what else it does but I have had to remove wild tangent from my computer a few times. I googled W32/opanki.gen and found this..

http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/content/v_133786.htm

I would suggest you post a HijackThis Log into the HijackThis logs and Analysis forum. Here is a tutorial on how to do this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

If you would like to know more about the HijackThis application here is a very informative tutorial for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...ware-tut42.html

If you decide to post a HjT logfile please post it into the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum by beginning a new topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users