Please download exeHelper
by Raktor from one of the two links and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the tool again before posting a log and then post the two logs together (they both will be in the one file).
- Double-click on exeHelper.com or exeHelper.scr to run the fix tool.
- A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
- A log file called exehelperlog.txt will be created and should open at the end of the scan)
- A copy of that log will also be saved in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com
- Copy and paste the contents of exehelperlog.txt in your next reply.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(v1.41) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Please download Rooter
and save to your desktop.alternate download link
- Double-click on Rooter.exe to start the tool. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator...
- Click the Scan button to begin.
- Once the scan is complete, Notepad will open with a report named Rooter_#.txt (where # is the number assigned to the report).
- A folder will be created at the %systemdrive% (usually, C:\Rooter$) where the log will be saved.
- Rooter will automatically close. If it doesn't, just press the Close button.
- Copy and paste the contents of Rooter_#.txt in your next reply.
: Before performing a scan with Rooter, it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.
- Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
- Clean out your temporary files.
- Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
- After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
- When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
: Gaming sites
are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections
, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. They can lead to other sites containing malware which you can inadvertently download without knowledge. Users visiting such sites may encounter innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads
and malicious Flash ads
that install viruses, Trojans and spyware
. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users
. For these reasons gaming sites can put you at risk to fraud, phishing and theft of personal data
. Even if the gaming site is a clean site, there is always the potential of some type of malware making its way there and then onto your system. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be successfully cleaned or repaired. In those cases, recovery is not possible and the only option is to reformat/reinstall the OS.