Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to download file atimtai.sys?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dareth

Dareth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Hi ALL-

Haven't had this computer in over a year and when trying to clean it up last night may have deleted a file that I shouldn't have. Trying to work with 2 monitors and although both are working, I want to be able to drag over to the second one-at this point the second monitor shows the same as the main one. During a tutorial, it told me to try to find the driver for the second and when I did, it says I need the file atimtai.sys. DO you know where I can download it? Also windows open up in little strips unitl I maximize it, have no idea what that is. System moving a little slow but I can deal with that.

I am a cook for hunt outfitters so I can trade recipes or cooking help(indoor and outdoor) for any assistance you can give me. Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

FWIW: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/filedb/atimtai.sys-9407.html

I guess that I'm wondering why a file developed in 2001 by ATI...would be in demand on any system.

Monitors generally don't require drivers, video functions do. It's your ATI video drivers that determine monitor support.

I'm curious as to the site which asserted that this file is the cure for anything...since it's an ATI driver file, it should be included in any set of drivers for ATI video chips/cards which might require it.

You might try just uninstalling your current video drivers...and then reinstalling the current ones or updated versions.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users