1. Firefox will not run and fails with a 'memory could not be written' error always..reinstalled and updated JAVA.
2. Initially, Firefox and IE both would not run. IE would be able to see the home page, NY Times but none of the links would work. When I would try to get
to google from IE, the popup box would say Firefox unable to resolve. After running combofix, IE would work ok meaning I could get to google etc. but at some point, the error would come back.
3. When IE and Firefox aren't working, I can get out via the Windows update link and access the internet without any problems.
4. Rootrepeal starts and immediately goes to 50% CPU usage and 2 gig of memory in use and remains in initialization.
5. Sophos Anti-rootkit didn't find anything.
I would appreciate some advice on the next step to clean this up.
Edited by The weatherman, 27 October 2009 - 07:39 PM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs to a more appropriate forum. Tw